Saturday, June 5, 2010

My First Novel Published

Many of my Blog readers have often shared kind words with me on how much they enjoy my Blog and my style of writing. Heck, a few of you have gone so far as to suggest that I should write a book!

Well my long time Blog faithful might recall that in my December 29, 2008 Blog posting I revealed that I had set a 2009 goal for myself to do just that. And so, for the past year and a half I have spent much of my "free time" writing in my journal, transcribing from my journal to my computer, editing, reviewing, editing, reviewing, editing................well you get my drift.

Finally, earlier this year I set out to publish my final, final work of fiction. I had no idea of the details and work this process would involve. It had to be just right and it had to be my way, so I spent hours every evening and weekend navigating my way through virgin territory. I learned a lot and would probably do it differently if I knew then what I know now, but I am thrilled with the final result. It has been a labor of love with no real expectation or objective other than to write a book to share with my 4 grandsons and any other interested family and friends.

So, without further ado, allow me to introduce you to my first novel:

Coming soon to a bookstore near you, a breakout novel for "Young Adults" and "Tweens" by local author James E. DeVoe.

Daydreamer is an entertaining and enlightening adventure story with comic book like superhero excitement and unexpected twists as it moves from reality to fantasy.

DYLAN LAWSON IS a typical 13 year old boy growing up in a small, rural community in the northern Adirondacks of New York; a community that provides a lifestyle rich in outdoor adventure and homespun values. Together, with his best friends Brennan and Kennedi, Dylan finds adventure and excitement in what always turns out to be anything but a typical day.

But Dylan lives in a different world than everyone else. Dylan is the world's biggest daydreamer and he lives his life in both the real world and his dream world. Worlds that often collide, causing struggles and challenges that also provide valuable lessons learned.

It begins with a harrowing experience when the boys find themselves lost on Titus Mountain in the midst of the season's worst snowstorm and ends with the kids taking on the challenge of solving the great murder mystery when they stumble upon a dead body while out kayaking. In between, they become entrepreneurs of a successful start-up business as a result of a school project, compete for the state championship on the school's hockey team, attempt to win a national contest to bring a superstar singer to perform at the school's spring dance, confront a terrorist attack at school and become entangled in many more adventures.

Dylan's daydreaming often causes him to be absent-minded, disengaged and irresponsible, but with the help of his adult mentors, he ultimately uses his vivid imagination to become a real-life hero.

The action-packed suspense within each story and adventure will keep you riveted and guessing, but is it real or just another Dylan Lawson daydream?

You can take advantage of my "Friends & Family" advance sale discount offer to order your copy today at $14.99 (25% discount). The advance sale offer will be open to all until June 30th and then I will place the bulk order with my publisher to access the discounted pricing. You will receive your copy by July 15th. After that date, my book will be available at the publisher's standard rate and at Bookstore retail rates.

SO ORDER NOW IF INTERESTED by using the link below that will take you to my secure Daydreamer PayPal ordering site.

Friends & Family Advance Sale Offer:

My curious adult friends and family can now purchase an advanced copy of my novel, check it out themselves and then gift it to their children, grand-children, nephew, niece or other child. You'll satisfy your curiosity and enjoy reading my breakout novel, and have one less birthday or Christmas gift to buy this year!

To ORDER YOUR ADVANCED COPY click ORDER DAYDREAMER NOW!

Thanks for your interest……………………….Jim DeVoe.


No comments: