Monday, December 29, 2008

New Year Wishes for 2009



As 2008 comes to an end and the start of a new year is upon us, I thought it appropriate to make a "top 10" list of New Year wishes as CEO of Seniorsfirst. To add a little fun, I included both my professional and personal top 10 wishes.........................

1) Funding Approval for the Kirkhaven Replacement Project- we need the State health department's approval and funding assistance to keep our project moving forward.

1a) Buffalo Sabres start a Winning Streak- I'm getting tired of them winning one and losing one.

2) Improved Occupancy at Valley Manor- If we can get them to give us a look, they'll see that we have the best value and life style of any independent living facility.

2a) My ice skating rink works- I've spent countless hours rigging this rink on my front yard so it better get cold and stay cold so we can enjoy it.

3) Reasonable and Manageable Medicaid Rate- the Governor is threatening more Medicaid cuts in his proposed State budget, but lets hope it doesn't turn out to be devastating.

3a) My Wife finds Happiness and Success in her New Career- after 20 years serving as an Assistant District Attorney, Jennifer is leaving to pursue other opportunities & challenges.

4) Successful Growth of our At-home Services and Adult Day Programs- these are great community based support programs that just may be the best kept secret in Rochester.

4a) Buffalo Sabres make the Playoffs- I can't go another year without them in the playoffs!

5) New York State Licensure of our Assisted Living Facility- it has been over 2 years since new regulations required us to apply for licensure, and the State still hasn't finalized.

5a) A Granddaughter- I love all 3 of my grandsons, but now I need a little girl to spoil.

6) Continued Progress with our Culture Change Movement at Kirkhaven- we have made great strides and it only gets more exciting as we continue along our Pathway.

6a) Success with my First Novel- I enjoy writing and have decided to try my hand at writing a novel. Even if it never gets published, I will still enjoy the thrill of writing it.

7) Successful Management and Maximization of the MDS Resident Assessment & Reimbursement Tool- this skill will likely become the life-blood of our nursing home operation, so it is critical that we get it right.

7a) Stock Market Bull Run- like everyone else, my net worth took a nose dive in 2008 and could really use a comeback in 2009.

8) Successful Start to our Kirkhaven Capital Campaign- our Kirkhaven Replacement project will need support from our generous donors to help with the financing needs.

8a) An Exotic and Fabulous Vacation- our vacations to Hawaii and Italy seem like a decade ago, so I think it is time to plan the next get-away.

9) Stable and Content Workforce- our staff is key to the quality of our service. Low turnover and high job satisfaction translates to high quality care.

9a) Buffalo Sabres Win the Stanley Cup- hey it's my list and I can wish for anything.

10) Happiness, Peace and Good Health for All!

10a) Happiness, Peace and Good Health for All!


Thanks for visiting my Blog in 2008 and be sure to visit me often in 2009 to keep apprised of what's happening at Seniorsfirst from a CEO perspective. In closing, here are a few pictures of the week:


Santa (me) and his helper (Jen)

Santa giving gifts to residents at Kirkhaven

Sharing some Christmas Cheer with Family

Santa has a gift for everyone

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!

No comments: