Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The CEO takes a Vacation!

Everyone needs a break from the day to day work routine including the CEO, so my wife and I rented a beautiful lake house for a week on Lake Anna located in central Virginia. "Welcome to the Good Life", boy they weren't kidding.


We left on Saturday at 6:30 in the morning and drove 7 hours where my wife dropped me off at a sport's bar so I could watch my beloved Buffalo Sabres play a hockey game while she continued on to the lake house to check in and unpack. Fortunately, she willingly drove back the 45 minutes to pick me up after the game to bring me back to this fabulous home.


The back of the house had great views of the lake from every room and the wrap-around deck. There was even a Wegmans not too far away where she picked up groceries and we were relaxing and enjoying the good life within a short time after our arrival.

The lake and dock were just a few steps down the waterfront where every evening the sun set slowly in the sky over the Lake Anna State Park located directly across from our home for the week. The weather was clear, sunny and warm every day. I even jumped in the lake for a swim on more than one occasion and enjoyed my early morning kayak trips exploring the vast lake and coves.

In addition to enjoying our time relaxing by the lake, we also drove the short distances to both Richmond and Fredericksburg to take in the historical tourist attractions, shop and dine. We thoroughly enjoyed the Virginia area.

One of the reasons we chose the Lake Anna region for our vacation destination was because we are interested in possibly retiring someday to the area. We figured we needed to visit and check it out if we were really serious about it. We looked at several lakefront homes for sale to begin to evaluate future opportunities. We found our dream home, but the sale price may keep it just a dream. Oh well, even dreams are fun and you never know?

By the end of the week, we were sort of ready to come home. I knew I would have a slew of e-mail, voice-mail and snail-mail waiting for me back in the office as a welcome home. I'll get to it eventually and should be caught up by the end of the week, but you'll have to excuse me if I seem a little more relaxed than usual. You see, I'm still basking in the after-glow of the "good life".

To check out more on Lake Anna click on: http://www.lakeannaonline.com/

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Well, I can see why you'd like to retire there. It's gorgeous! Glad you enjoyed yourself. And wow, what a nice wife to let you watch your game the first day there!

Jen said...

Melissa, Keep telling him what a "good wife" he has in his good life! It was a beautiful spot and very relaxing.