Sunday, July 13, 2008

Summer Vacation

I had a very nice vacation at our cottage in the Adirondacks. On the way to our camp we saw a boat for sale and stopped to check it out. I loved it and we needed to replace our old one which was getting beat up, so we bought it and I had a new toy to play with all week.

The weather was really hot for the first 5 days and then we had 3 days of rain and cooler temperatures. I got in most of the things I wanted to do including some golf, kayaking, swimming and sunning. We also took a day trip to Lake Placid for lunch on the lake and shopping.

Included in our vacation week was a 60th wedding anniversary for my parents and a 3-day weekend visit by my daughter's family. There was always family around and plenty of activity to keep us busy.

I hope to get up to camp at least once more before Summer ends. We trailered the boat home so we can use it to explore the many lakes near by, but I still like boating on our camp lake the best.

So now I'm well rested and it's back to work to play catch up with all the correspondence and get back on track with all the work in progress.

No comments: